From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 18:36:57
On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 12:49:11AM -0600, Ryan Hill wrote:
> We should really have some documentation on how to create a minimal initramfs > that mounts /usr (if we don't already, I haven't looked). I've never needed > one until now and don't have the foggiest idea how it's done. I can't be the > only one.
I just started the tracker [1] for the documentation changes and sent info to gentoo-doc mailinglist about it. The upcoming days, I'll have the needed updates trickle into the documents. [1]
> Also, the handbook still endorses having a separate partition for /usr and > includes it in the example setup. This should be changed now, not when > stabilization time comes.
It's an example, and we still endorse it. Only will we now tell users to use an initramfs with it. Wkr, Sven Vermeulen

Subject Author
[gentoo-dev] Re: newsitem: unmasking udev-181 Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>