From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 42 "Critical News Reporting" Round Two
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 15:43:25
1 On Fri, 2005-11-11 at 10:38 +0100, Marius Mauch wrote:
2 > On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 10:19:15 +0100
3 > Grobian <grobian@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On 10-11-2005 21:33:48 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
6 > > > We need to establish *one* authoritative source of news. We can't
7 > > > do that if we simultaneously launch several sources of news all at
8 > > > once. We have to launch *one* service first, give the userbase time
9 > > > to adjust to that, and then start making the news available via
10 > > > additional sources.
11 > >
12 > > Yep, so create that central source on the web, and fork off mailing
13 > > list posts, RSS-feeds and stuff based on this central repository.
14 > > Also let portage warn users based on the information in this
15 > > repository. We can start creating and populating the central web
16 > > resource _right now_, as all the infrastructure is there. The
17 > > mailing lists shouldn't be a problem as well. It all makes sense...
18 >
19 > No, the central repository certainly shouldn't be on the web (whatever
20 > that means in the first place), it has to be somewhere in CVS
21 > (easily accessible by all devs, though not necessarily in a direct way)
22 > and should be replicated to as many channels as possible (the website
23 > being one of them).
24
25 How about gentoo/news in CVS?
28 Chris Gianelloni