From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Apparent BIOS Conflict
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 23:03:14
1 On Wed, Jul 11, 2001 at 09:46:49PM -0400, Tom Carter wrote:
2
3 > Last night, I decided to upgrade glibc-2.2.3 to the r3 version, so I
4 > could use IBM's JVM. Pretend indicated that the baselayout
5 > dependency was not met, so I let it run and the merge completed.
6 > Everything appears to be working, but my BIOS is now reporting the
7 > two PII's at 175 MHz instead of 350.
8
9 I don't think that this problem is in any way related to Gentoo Linux;
10 sounds like you have a flaky motherboard BIOS.
13 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
14 President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org
15 Gentoo Technologies, Inc.