From: Tom Carter <thcarter@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Apparent BIOS Conflict
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 19:47:51
1 I haven't had time to upgrade to rc5, so I'm still running a build-up
2 from the 05/13 snapshot, as I recall.
3
4 Last night, I decided to upgrade glibc-2.2.3 to the r3 version, so I
5 could use IBM's JVM. Pretend indicated that the baselayout
6 dependency was not met, so I let it run and the merge completed.
7 Everything appears to be working, but my BIOS is now reporting the
8 two PII's at 175 MHz instead of 350.
9
10 I had this happen once before, when I installed a castlewood ORB
11 drive. A flash of the ORB BIOS corrected the problem then, but I
12 didn't find out what the actual cause was.
13
14 Any ideas what it might be now? I don't mind upgrading to rc5, to
15 see if it's corrected, but wanted to post now in case anybody
16 wanted me to try something with the current configuration.