From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o, net-mail@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] What is the source for https://dev.gentoo.org/~hollow/distfiles/genqmail-*
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019 12:55:43
1 On Thu, 2019-10-10 at 14:48 +0200, Rolf Eike Beer wrote:
2 > > > > > Please pick this up and move it somewhere into Gentoo git
3 > > > > > infrastructure. I can transfer ownership to the Github Gentoo
4 > > > > > organization if you would like.
5 > > > > > Afterwards I just need someone to push the button and create a new
6 > > > > > snapshot from that (preferably together with a git tag).
7 > > > >
8 > > > > Is there really a reason to do that? Since you're maintaining it, just
9 > > > > keep
10 > > > > it on your gh.
11 > > >
12 > > > I just want to prevent that the same thing happens again.
13 > >
14 > > I don't see a difference between a stale repo on your GitHub account
15 > > and a stale repo on Gentoo Infra. Except the former is easy to fork,
16 > > and the latter we have in dozens, and nobody knows what to do with them.
17 >
18 > Then let's at least move it into the Gentoo org on GitHub and give me push
19 > access like it is for tatt.
22 We don't create any new repos on GitHub that aren't mirrors of git.g.o
23 repos, and the remaining GitHub origins should be removed.
26 Best regards,
27 Michał Górny