From: AGottinger@t-online.de (Achim Gottinger)
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Problem with boot disks
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2001 04:32:01
1 R Joseph Wright wrote:
2 >
3 > Hi, I've been wanting a Linux distribution that behaves in a more BSD-like
4 > way than most, and I think Gentoo may fit the bill.
5 > However, after booting from bootdisk.img, I get prompted for a root disk,
6 > which I assume is supposed to be rescue.img, which I then insert. After that is
7 > loaded, it continues prompting for two more root disks. Not knowing what to do,
8 > I just hit "enter" each time. After the third one, there is a kernel panic
9 > because it cannot find init. Has anyone else experienced this?
10 >
11 Sounds like you downloaded with netscape and ns unpacked the recue
12 image.
13 You must gzip -9 the rescue image and dd it to a floppy again, then
14 things should work.
15
16 bye achim~
17