From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 67 is in, please update your metadata.dtd!
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:23:09
1 On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 11:31 AM, Luis Ressel <aranea@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > On Mon, 25 Jan 2016 10:37:15 +0100
3 > Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> Hello, everyone.
6 >>
7 >> I've finished the GLEP 67 transition last night, and it officially
8 >> applies to all metadata.xml files now.
11 > Great!
12 >
13 >> In order to have repoman apply it correct (and not throw errors on new
14 >> metadata.xml files), it needs to refetch metadata.dtd. Sadly, this
15 >> currently happens once a week, so it's better to remove the file
16 >> manually to force refetch:
17 >>
18 >> rm "$(portageq envvar DISTDIR)"/metadata.dtd
21 > I might be asking this for a second time, but why does repoman download
22 > the metadata.dtd at all? If one fetches from
23 > git://../gentoo-mirror/gentoo (or via rsync, afaik) it is included
24 > in /usr/portage/metadata/dtd/.
25
26 repoman is a developer tool. The git repo used by developers does not
27 include metadata.dtd.