From: Michael Palimaka <kensington@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 11:09:06
1 On 7/08/2013 07:46, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > Besides the finer technical points of bug maintenance, it simply
3 > infuriates me that anyone would think of bug reports in the possessive.
4 > This is not the way to improve the distro. You're on the wrong track
5 > there. And you weren't being friendly.
6 In this case, a bug is like a package. Nobody "owns" a package, but one
7 or more people maintain it, and do so deliberately in a certain way.
8 While there are general guidelines to follow, it's rude to barge in and
9 change everything the way you want without asking.
10
11 As for improving the distro, I am sure there are better ways to improve
12 how we handle bugs instead of bickering about arbitrary bug changes. How
13 we classify bugs is very inconsistent, and if anyone could formulate a
14 good plan for Bugzilla improvements, it would be you. The atoms field
15 you mentioned would be a great start.
16
17 > No kind regards to the sender,
18 Please keep comments like that to yourself. They are both unprofessional
19 and completely unnecessary.