From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo @ LinuxTag 2005?
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 02:35:56
1 On Sun, 2005-13-03 at 02:56 -0800, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 > In the same vein as DSD's question about GUADEC 2005, and in the same
3 > area, is there going to be a Gentoo presence at LinuxTag 2005?
4
5 One suggestion: last year the Gentoo contingent seemed to have missed
6 out on the keysigning that was held at LinuxTag, which I thought was a
7 rather large lost opportunity.
8
9 Manning a booth always takes persistence and effort, but I would
10 encourage a conscientious effort for any Gentoo devs or users at
11 LinuxTag this year to participate in the keysigning.
12
13 ++
14
15 The other thing that often happens when you man a booth is that the
16 people doing so end up missing everything else that is going on. As a
17 generic example, last year Ian Murdoch gave a keynote (!) at LinuxTag,
18 and none of the Debian developers who were busy manning their booth even
19 knew he was speaking.
20
21 The technical conference side of LinuxTag is significant, and I
22 encourage people to attend as many sessions as they can.
23
24 Cheers,
25
26 AfC
27 Sydney
30 Andrew Frederick Cowie
31 Managing Director
32
33 Phone relays worldwide:
34 Sydney +61 2 9977 6866
35 New York +1 646 472 5054
36 Toronto +1 416 848 6072
37 London +44 207 1019201
38
39 OPERATIONAL DYNAMICS
40 Operations Consultants and Infrastructure Engineers
41 specializing in technology strategy, changes & upgrades,
42 enterprise architecture, and performance improvement for
43 mission critical systems & the people who run them.
44
45 http://www.operationaldynamics.com/