From: Nick <gentoo-dev-list@××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Review a new (unofficial) eclass
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 19:07:39
1 Quoth Ciaran McCreesh:
2 > You *really* shouldn't be messing around with things in DISTDIR the way
3 > you are. That's just plain horrible. The only reason DISTDIR isn't
4 > forcibly read-only is that the scm eclasses need to write to
5 > subdirectories of it.
6 >
7 > Just do your own unpack if you can't handle it.
8
9 Good plan. That's how I was doing it, then I got a bit carried away
10 with trying to not duplicate any of the kernel-2 eclass, but you're
11 right, it turned out horrible. I've replaced the relevant kernel-2
12 function now, which is much nicer.
13
14 > Also, is that really the best way of generating SRC_URI? Can't you
15 > remove the need to put anything in ebuilds?
16
17 I think it is the best way, unless you have a specific reason not
18 to. This way the different kernel ebuilds need very little
19 modification to use the libre base.
20
21 Thanks for the feedback. Anything else at all would be welcome.
22
23 Nick
26 GPG : 0x04E4653F / 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0 94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F
27 IM /OTR : njw@××××××.org / 7E3C82CC D6AB2CEA E8000300 E429A122 D984111B
28 SIP/ZRTP: njw@×××××.net
29 WWW : http://www.njw.me.uk