From: Torsten Rehn <scel@××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 00:10:39
1 On Friday 04 July 2008, Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon wrote:
2 > How about a metadata.xml tag that indicates whether early bump requests are
3 > welcome?
4
5 People obviously don't care about what it says on the website, why should they
6 start looking into metadata.xml?
7
8 I think we should remove the useless restrictions on filing bump requests and
9 welcome users to open bugs. Closing (valid) bugs feels good and is also sort
10 of a psychological reward for the user who opened the bug, perhaps
11 encouraging them to stay in direct contact with Gentoo and contribute other,
12 less trivial work.
15 Torsten Rehn <scel@××××.org>
16 Gentoo AMD64 Arch Tester
17 http://scel.info