From: "Tony \\\"Chainsaw\\\" Vroon" <chainsaw@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:26:02
1 On Fri, 2008-07-04 at 01:16 +0200, Jeroen Roovers wrote:
2 > 1) How do you feel when you receive an early version bump request?
3
4 If it is for software where I am also upstream (Audacious for example),
5 it does tend to annoy me when people try their utmost to file bug
6 reports before I commit my ebuild. (I have yet to miss a release by more
7 then 6 hours)
8
9 > 2) If you had your way, would you discourage users from filing early
10 > version bump requests?
11
12 For things like the nVidia drivers I do welcome it. The time I can spend
13 trawling upstream sites for new releases is limited.
14
15 Just an idea:
16 How about a metadata.xml tag that indicates whether early bump requests are welcome?
17 It's more of an individual developer preference, but that seems the right place for it.
18
19 Regards,
20 Tony V.