From: Joe Peterson <lavajoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: 0-day bump requests
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:30:08
1 Tony "Chainsaw" Vroon wrote:
2 > The time I can spend
3 > trawling upstream sites for new releases is limited.
4
5 Same here - I would never mind getting a 0-day bump request, since
6 someone else might have noticed before I did that a new version is
7 available.
8
9 > Just an idea:
10 > How about a metadata.xml tag that indicates whether early bump requests are welcome?
11 > It's more of an individual developer preference, but that seems the right place for it.
12
13 It might make sense if the default were that 0-day is OK (especially if
14 most devs don't mind). If not, then the tag could specifiy the number
15 of days to wait...
16
17 -Joe
18 --