From: Lars Wendler <polynomial-c@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 08:31:08
1 On Thu, 11 Jan 2018 10:03:54 +0300 Eray Aslan wrote:
2
3 >On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:55:11AM +0100, Lars Wendler wrote:
4 >> Seems we're turning into an elitist club or something...
5 >
6 >Elitist seems too kind a word. Knee-jerk reaction, petty vendetta,
7 >impulsive emotional reaction comes to mind - instead of articulating
8 >and implementing a vision for the distribution, principled action,
9 >making all devs work together towards the goals that have been set.
10 >Not day to day reactions and bad ones at that. Council is failing its
11 >one main task - it prolly has been for some time, this one also fails
12 >"first, do no harm" test.
13
14 A german term comes to my mind which applies perfectly to this:
15 "Blinder Aktionismus" which roughly translates to "blind actionism".
16
17 >Mind you they are not harming willingly. I am pretty sure they are all
18 >well intentioned. They, as a group, just do not have, I dont know, the
19 >vision, the experience, the personality to lead a distro.
20 >
21 >We need a change as otherwise I am afraid the future is not bright. I
22 >think with this last straw I lost faith in the current setup. Death by
23 >a committee. Yey.
26 I'm totally baffled that few people seem to know how to filter trolls
27 out of their inboxes.
28 In the past such trolls were treated with a "plonk" and all was good.
29 But nowadays everything has to be ruled somehow.
30 Ah well, it's only a disservice to our users. Nothing the council needs
31 to worry about as they seem to have forgotten that they once were users
32 as well...
36 Lars Wendler
37 Gentoo package maintainer
38 GPG: 21CC CF02 4586 0A07 ED93 9F68 498F E765 960E 9B39