From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 07:04:18
1 On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 08:55:11AM +0100, Lars Wendler wrote:
2 > Seems we're turning into an elitist club or something...
3
4 Elitist seems too kind a word. Knee-jerk reaction, petty vendetta,
5 impulsive emotional reaction comes to mind - instead of articulating and
6 implementing a vision for the distribution, principled action, making
7 all devs work together towards the goals that have been set. Not day to
8 day reactions and bad ones at that. Council is failing its one main
9 task - it prolly has been for some time, this one also fails "first, do
10 no harm" test.
11
12 Mind you they are not harming willingly. I am pretty sure they are all
13 well intentioned. They, as a group, just do not have, I dont know, the
14 vision, the experience, the personality to lead a distro.
15
16 We need a change as otherwise I am afraid the future is not bright. I
17 think with this last straw I lost faith in the current setup. Death by
18 a committee. Yey.
21 Eray