From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: EAPI 6 portage is out!
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2015 16:41:21
1 Am Sonntag, 22. November 2015, 16:54:58 schrieb Michael Palimaka:
2 >
3 > Is the state of stable really that bad? I see this sentiment a lot.
4 >
5 > I run mostly-stable systems and rarely have an issue with old/missing
6 > packages (but I'm involved in the maintenance of many of the packages I
7 > use so I try to keep on top of stable requests).
8
9 IMHO not really.
10
11 Nearly every system I run or administer is stable base plus selected ~arch
12 packages of local interest. The degree of ~arch varies (my own boxes tend to
13 have more, those I run for others less), but on the whole this is a fully
14 workable combination.
15
16 And no I dont really worry about EAPI=6, since as far as I can remember
17 portage outputs a fat message "Masked by EAPI" once a package with EAPI too
18 new for portage is required.
19
20 [Most of my systems also run ~arch portage by default. Rarely any problems.]
23 Andreas K. Huettel
24 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
25 dilfridge@g.o
26 http://www.akhuettel.de/