From: "M. J. Everitt" <m.j.everitt@×××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 14:00:58
1 On 16/06/16 14:19, James Le Cuirot wrote:
2 > On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:14:44 +0200
3 > Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >>> What I'd like to introduce instead is a new STABILIZED state. It
6 >>> would -- like VERIFIED now -- be only available for bugs already
7 >>> RESOLVED, and it could be used to signify that the fix has made it
8 >>> into stable.
9 >>>
10 >>> While this wouldn't be really obligatory, it would be meaningful for
11 >>> trackers that need to ensure that fixes in packages have made it to
12 >>> stable -- like the functions.sh use tracker.
13 >> The description of InVCS keyword in bugzilla is:
14 >> InVCS Fix has been added to a VCS(either CVS, SVN, Git, ...)
15 >> repository. Will be closed when fixes are applied to a stable level
16 >> package.
17 >>
18 >> A bug isn't resolved until it is fixed in a stable package (for
19 >> packages ever in stable to begin with), but InVCS keyword can be used
20 >> by developers to filter out the bugs for issues to work with. I
21 >> oppose a change to that behavior, although I would like to see it
22 >> being used more consistently as it seems quite a few developers are
23 >> neglecting the stable tree.
24 > I currently set InVCS for pending-stable fixes in conjunction with the
25 > IN_PROGRESS state. I would like to keep InVCS at least.
26 >
27 Possibly a 'COMMITTED' tag would fit this slightly better? There is room
28 for some QA 'VERIFIED' tag too, but don't know whether this is
29 absolutely necessary for Gentoo .. thoughts welcomed, though.
30
31 I prefer this Lifecycle diagram to that published in the latest docs:
32 https://www.bugzilla.org/docs/3.6/en/html/lifecycle.html .