From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] bugs.g.o: Killing VERIFIED state, possibly introducing STABILIZED
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 13:19:43
1 On Thu, 16 Jun 2016 15:14:44 +0200
2 Kristian Fiskerstrand <k_f@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > What I'd like to introduce instead is a new STABILIZED state. It
5 > > would -- like VERIFIED now -- be only available for bugs already
6 > > RESOLVED, and it could be used to signify that the fix has made it
7 > > into stable.
8 > >
9 > > While this wouldn't be really obligatory, it would be meaningful for
10 > > trackers that need to ensure that fixes in packages have made it to
11 > > stable -- like the functions.sh use tracker.
12 >
13 > The description of InVCS keyword in bugzilla is:
14 > InVCS Fix has been added to a VCS(either CVS, SVN, Git, ...)
15 > repository. Will be closed when fixes are applied to a stable level
16 > package.
17 >
18 > A bug isn't resolved until it is fixed in a stable package (for
19 > packages ever in stable to begin with), but InVCS keyword can be used
20 > by developers to filter out the bugs for issues to work with. I
21 > oppose a change to that behavior, although I would like to see it
22 > being used more consistently as it seems quite a few developers are
23 > neglecting the stable tree.
24
25 I currently set InVCS for pending-stable fixes in conjunction with the
26 IN_PROGRESS state. I would like to keep InVCS at least.
29 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
30 Gentoo Linux Developer