From: "Fernando J. Pereda" <ferdy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:55:19
1 On 9 Jun 2008, at 10:50, Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >>> I'm afraid you are mixing up emails from this thread. I got
5 >>> complaints about how wrongly the PMS is written, e.g. academic paper
6 >>> markup vs plain text, natural language used to specify syntax
7 >>> while a
8 >>> grammar notation like EBNF would be better suited, when I asked
9 >>> people why so few were contributing about this document.
10 >> Mmm, and how many people claiming that have suggested specific
11 >> improvements or pointed out specific complaints?
12 >
13 > You got some right here. Feel free to address them.
14 >
15 >> So how, specifically, is PMS "wrongly written", and why hasn't anyone
16 >> who thinks so bothered to provide details?
17 >
18 > - rewrite it as an rfc using a markup among xmlrfc, docbook, guidexml.
19 >
20 > - use EBNF when describing a syntax.
21 >
22 > - split it and version each functional part.
23 >
24 > - define EAPI as an aggregate of those versions in a separate part.
25 >
26 > lu
27
28 And how specifically is this going to help? You are missing the
29 'provide details' part.
30
31 - ferdy
32 --