From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 08:51:07
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 >> I'm afraid you are mixing up emails from this thread. I got
3 >> complaints about how wrongly the PMS is written, e.g. academic paper
4 >> markup vs plain text, natural language used to specify syntax while a
5 >> grammar notation like EBNF would be better suited, when I asked
6 >> people why so few were contributing about this document.
7 >
8 > Mmm, and how many people claiming that have suggested specific
9 > improvements or pointed out specific complaints?
10
11 You got some right here. Feel free to address them.
12
13 > So how, specifically, is PMS "wrongly written", and why hasn't anyone
14 > who thinks so bothered to provide details?
15
16 - rewrite it as an rfc using a markup among xmlrfc, docbook, guidexml.
17
18 - use EBNF when describing a syntax.
19
20 - split it and version each functional part.
21
22 - define EAPI as an aggregate of those versions in a separate part.
23
24 lu
28 Luca Barbato
29 Gentoo Council Member