From: "Tiziano Müller" <dev-zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:38:25
1 Luca Barbato wrote:
2
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >>> I'm afraid you are mixing up emails from this thread. I got
5 >>> complaints about how wrongly the PMS is written, e.g. academic paper
6 >>> markup vs plain text, natural language used to specify syntax while a
7 >>> grammar notation like EBNF would be better suited, when I asked
8 >>> people why so few were contributing about this document.
9 >>
10 >> Mmm, and how many people claiming that have suggested specific
11 >> improvements or pointed out specific complaints?
12 >
13 > You got some right here. Feel free to address them.
14 >
15 >> So how, specifically, is PMS "wrongly written", and why hasn't anyone
16 >> who thinks so bothered to provide details?
17 >
18 > - rewrite it as an rfc using a markup among xmlrfc, docbook, guidexml.
19 ... add DITA to the list.
20
21 Sorry, but I think it is not fair to make such requests AFTER the document
22 is written. That should've been done when the work started and the council
23 should have made the decision that only a PMS written using GuideXML (or
24 whatever) will be accepted. Lack of specification is not the failure of the
25 ones who did the work.
29 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list