From: IeS <ies@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Linux-2.4.4 + XFS Ready!
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 23:53:36
1 My Testing on Linux XFS reveal that XFS slower than ext2.
2
3 IeS
4
5 > Hi everyone,
6 >
7 > I've completed a linux kernel package with xfs support. If you merge
8 > linux-2.4.4-r5, or linux-sources-2.4.4-r5 and linux-extras-2.4.4-r5
9 > with USE=xfs, you will have an XFS enabled kernel. I haven't yet had a
10 > chance to test it though, so it may not build, or could quite possible
11 > destroy your data, blow up your car, and/or cause the United States'
12 > nuclear stockpile to be launched, so use it at your own risk :) Oh, and
13 > for now, until I'm sure the package is stable, I've put it in the
14 > package.mask file, so you will need to set MAINTAINER=yes to use
15 > it.
16 >
17 > Remember, XFS is still very experimental, so don't use it unless you
18 > are prepared to lose data.
19 >
20 > Pete
24 > gentoo-dev mailing list