From: Jason Stubbs <jstubbs@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP23 - Updates and call for further discussion
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 11:17:07
1 On Sunday 17 October 2004 12:43, Luke-Jr wrote:
2 > On Sunday 17 October 2004 3:29 am, Jason Stubbs wrote:
3 > > * Group prefix character? Previously '@' was suggested
4 >
5 > $ might make more sense, so users can simply define more groups by doing a
6 > simple GROUPNAME="bla"
7 >
8 > > USE groups will more than likely be implemented at the same time as this
9 > > and will follow the same sceme, so be aware of that when expressing any
10 > > opinions.
11 >
12 > I've already setup USE groups on some systems by defining USE_GROUPNAME and
13 > using $USE_GROUPNAME under USE...
14 >
15 > > * Does "@group1 -@group2" make sense? What is the behaviour?
16 >
17 > Sure... @OSI -@FSF could mean "OSI approved licenses, but not ones by the
18 > FSF" Not sure what the purpose would be in this particular case, but that's
19 > no reason not to plan ahead.
20
21 The first two and the third conflict. If you are after bash like syntax then
22 you either have to drop the subtractions (as bash-like substitution is done
23 first) or that part of portage would need a major rewrite and would not be
24 backward compatible.
25
26 > > * Uppercase or lowercase?
27 >
28 > The Gentoo tree likes lowercase usually. Personally, I'd like mixed, but
29 > that could just be me.
30
31 Nothing to say. I don't really mind however it's done. Perhaps it shouldn't
32 even be a concern of mine; rather I should be thinking about case-sensitive
33 or insensitive. I think we'd all agree that case-sensitive is better. :)
34
35 Regards,
36 Jason Stubbs
39 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list