From: Luke-Jr <luke-jr@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP23 - Updates and call for further discussion
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:43:01
1 On Sunday 17 October 2004 3:29 am, Jason Stubbs wrote:
2 > * Group prefix character? Previously '@' was suggested
3
4 $ might make more sense, so users can simply define more groups by doing a
5 simple GROUPNAME="bla"
6
7 > * Uppercase or lowercase?
8
9 The Gentoo tree likes lowercase usually. Personally, I'd like mixed, but that
10 could just be me.
11
12 > * Does "@group1 -@group2" make sense? What is the behaviour?
13
14 Sure... @OSI -@FSF could mean "OSI approved licenses, but not ones by the FSF"
15 Not sure what the purpose would be in this particular case, but that's no
16 reason not to plan ahead.
17
18 > USE groups will more than likely be implemented at the same time as this
19 > and will follow the same sceme, so be aware of that when expressing any
20 > opinions.
21
22 I've already setup USE groups on some systems by defining USE_GROUPNAME and
23 using $USE_GROUPNAME under USE...
24 --
25 Luke-Jr
26 Developer, Utopios