From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] portage-2.0.51_pre10: QA Notice Messages
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:36:45
1 On Friday 11 June 2004 01:13 pm, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 11:59:59 -0500 Paul Varner
3 >
4 > <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > | For example, I don't see a bug filed for the message about
6 > | app-accessibility/at-poke listed above, and I'm not sure if I should
7 > | open a bug, or not.
8 >
9 > Yeah, it's a bug in the gnome2 eclass, not the package. There's a
10 > similar issue with flag-o-matic. Unfortunately, portage currently
11 > doesn't like eclasses tinkering with IUSE, so these can't really be
12 > fixed.
13
14 the *very large* majority of the warnings come from conditional inherit
15 statements:
16 use debug && inherit debu
17 use kde && inherit kde
18 use python && inherit python
19 IUSE isnt defined when portage hits that (it is defined later on) so you get
20 the warning message ... portage needs a way to handle conditional inherits,
21 so you cant really say the eclass/ebuild is broken
22
23 if you see that warning and you find that it isnt because of the above, then
24 you should probably file a bug
25 -mike
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list