From: Raymond Jennings <shentino@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Local workarounds with no reported bugs
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2016 15:08:46
1 My main concern in this thread, is that I don't want anything swept under
2 the rug in such a way that a wider issue is masked that actually needs
3 dealt with anyway.
4
5 Examples:
6 * A workaround to deal with a bug, especially one filed on b.g.o
7 - What happens if/when the bug gets fixed? Won't the workaround need
8 removed?
9 - If the bug is serious enough, a workaround
10 * An upstream problem
11 - Upstream might want (or need to be coaxed) into taking a fix
12 * Anything common to more than one package`
13
14 Routine workarounds, like stuff on gentoo that works differently from
15 upstream (aka build process mangling) probably doesn't count.
16