From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 01:17:10
1 Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 23. März 2013, 21:40:16 schrieb Markos Chandras:
3 >>> Why not officially recommend SystemRescueCD instead?
4 >>>
5 >> Looks really bad to recommend another installation media (even if it
6 >> is based on Gentoo) to people who want
7 >> to install our distro. I'd rather Gentoo recommended the live DVDs we
8 >> do from time to time than having these autobuilds around
9 >> that seem to break far too often.
10 >
11 > Except for the fact that downloading a DVD is slightly different from
12 > downloading a CD...
13 >
14 > Seriously. SystemRescueCD is more or less exactly what we would need. Has
15 > anyone ever approached the SystemRescueCD developers?
18 I must confess, I have not used the official Gentoo ISOs in ages. I use
19 the SystemRescueCD from a USB stick all the time. I update it regularly
20 as well. Speaking of, I need to update again. I stopped using it
21 because I was always having either one trouble or another.
22
23 Dale
24
28 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
29 how you interpreted my words!