From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 23:28:57
1 Am Samstag, 23. März 2013, 21:40:16 schrieb Markos Chandras:
2 > > Why not officially recommend SystemRescueCD instead?
3 > >
4 > Looks really bad to recommend another installation media (even if it
5 > is based on Gentoo) to people who want
6 > to install our distro. I'd rather Gentoo recommended the live DVDs we
7 > do from time to time than having these autobuilds around
8 > that seem to break far too often.
9
10 Except for the fact that downloading a DVD is slightly different from
11 downloading a CD...
12
13 Seriously. SystemRescueCD is more or less exactly what we would need. Has
14 anyone ever approached the SystemRescueCD developers?
18 Andreas K. Huettel
19 Gentoo Linux developer
20 dilfridge@g.o
21 http://www.akhuettel.de/