From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New install isos needed
Date: Sat, 23 Mar 2013 20:40:41
1 On 23 March 2013 20:28, Andreas K. Huettel <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
2 > Am Samstag, 23. März 2013, 21:11:14 schrieb Michael Orlitzky:
3 >>
4 >> The installation media has been totally useless on a large bit of
5 >> hardware for over three months. We should just suggest SystemRescueCD
6 >> if no one can be bothered to make Gentoo installable.
7 >
8 > While that sounds harsh, it also sounds true. I've had my shares of trouble
9 > with the minimal isos in the past too and at some point just gave up on them.
10 >
11 > We're a fast-moving distribution, and it seems the installation media do not
12 > keep up.
13 >
14 > Why not officially recommend SystemRescueCD instead?
15 >
16 > --
17 >
18 > Andreas K. Huettel
19 > Gentoo Linux developer
20 > dilfridge@g.o
21 > http://www.akhuettel.de/
24 Looks really bad to recommend another installation media (even if it
25 is based on Gentoo) to people who want
26 to install our distro. I'd rather Gentoo recommended the live DVDs we
27 do from time to time than having these autobuilds around
28 that seem to break far too often.
31 Regards,
32 Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
33 http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang