From: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Hey SEXY!
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2002 04:58:11
1 On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 06:06:06PM -0400, mike wrote:
2
3 > i'd have to agree ... things like -dev and above should be closed while
4 > -user and -newbies and such make sense to have open ... then the holy
5 > wars can happen on -user and even more chaos can ensue ;)
6
7 I don't see the usefulness of having mailinglists open at all. I
8 personally dislike when I get both a personal reply and a reply to the
9 mailinglist, and thus always reply only to the mailing list and not
10 individual users (unless it's a personal matter, than I don't send it
11 to the mailinglist, ofcourse). I get enough mail as it is and
12 don't need multiple copies. :)
13
14 As for us with multiple accounts; there are ways to set the From:
15 field in all decent mailprograms. Why not educate these two or three
16 users that suffers from this rather than exposing thousands of
17 subscribers to spam?
18
19 As I said, mailinglists should be closed for subscribers. It's easy
20 enough to both subscribe and unsubscribe from mailinglists through
21 various web-interfaces that even total newbies should be able to
22 use it. Besides, as someone else said; there are both Forums and IRC
23 and probably some other information channels as well that can be used
24 if you can't figure out how this subscribe thingymagick works. :)
25
26 //Humming, happy user of spamassassin; but some Spam always manages to
27 get through that filter. This particular spam did. ;)