From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] support 4 SATA fakeRAID: dmraid
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:04:53
1 On Sun, 2005-02-27 at 19:25 +0100, Markus Nicolussi wrote:
2
3 Hi,
4
5 > Nothing the less i'd like to suggest dmaid support in the offical LiveCDs and a
6 > ebuild for dmraid (i can do 'emerge dev-mapper' but not 'emerge dmraid')
9 I use dmraid, but then I have my / on ISW, so I got it to link against
10 klibc with much issues, and have it in initramfs. I guess I could add
11 it, but I cannot really do much testing besides see that it compiles and
12 install in the correct place.
13
14 > The HOW-TOs i found by using search engines, searching your archives and
15 > searching forums aren't so cool. I've spent MANY hours, not to say DAYS with it.
16 > i'd appreciate an easier approach. I also would like to help -- with my
17 > restricted knowledge. maybe testing?
20 Can say I can really help here - I learnt the hard way, and are in no
21 way a docs writer.
24 Regards,
27 Martin Schlemmer
28 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
29 Cape Town, South Africa