From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: axs@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Future EAPI] src_fetch() phase function to support VCS fetching
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 20:11:14
1 On Tue, 04 Sep 2012 15:56:54 -0400
2 Ian Stakenvicius <axs@g.o> wrote:
3
5 > Hash: SHA256
6 >
7 > On 04/09/12 01:32 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
8 > > On 09/04/2012 10:05 AM, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
9 > >> I believe the easiest (and honestly most sane) method is to
10 > >> simply have src_fetch in the live classes check for needed deps
11 > >> and die (with a "please emerge blah") if deps are not found.
12 > >> Adding something like FDEPEND just seems to be getting way too
13 > >> crazy on the dependency tree AND would require things to build
14 > >> during fetch-only which doesn't make sense.
15 > >
16 > > I think it's nicer to have FDEPEND because it makes the deps more
17 > > complete, so the package manager can bail out when necessary,
18 > > without even executing src_fetch. In the case of --fetchonly the
19 > > package manager could simply bail out if the deps are not installed
20 > > (like how it bails out for --buildpkgonly when the deps aren't
21 > > installed).
22 >
23 > Just looking into the future here; would things like archivers or
24 > other helpers used by src_unpack move to FDEPEND as well? or would
25 > this be limited solely to tools that data transfer?
26
27 src_fetch() only. Archivers belong to src_unpack(), which belongs to
28 the main phase function cycle -> DEPEND.
32 Best regards,
33 Michał Górny