From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo (again)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 09:15:21
1 On Monday 22 April 2002 15:00, Stephane Dudzinski wrote:
2 > That's a very good idea but i would use a common user like games or
3 > whatever instead of creating a new user for any game.
4
5 The group is games of course (to make it possible to only let user in that
6 group play quake but for now I left read access to others as well).
7
8 I don't like the idea of some user named games tho. If Halflife has a remote
9 hole I don't want the quake users to suffer. Thats like giving all daemons
10 nobody.nogroup. Nobody wants that.
11
12 We are speaking of game _servers_ here anyway. Ok you can actually play quake
13 too (which I do myself :)) but at least Halflife is only the server part and
14 I'm a supporter of every-deamon-get-his-own-account paradigma :)
15
16 If my ebuild ever get into portage this might be done differently but until
17 then I like it that way :)
18
19 Alex
22 "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
23 deserve neither liberty nor safety."
24 Benjamin Franklin