From: Stephane Dudzinski <stephane@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Secure Gentoo (again)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 08:06:13
1 Hello,
2
3 That's a very good idea but i would use a common user like games or whatever
4 instead of creating a new user for any game.
5
6 Steph
7
8 On Monday 22 April 2002 14:02, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
9 > Also I'd say even a normal gentoo install should be as secure as possible.
10 > I for example made some quake and halflife ebuilds. Of course you can just
11 > run the server as root, its all so simple but I made an extra user for each
12 > of them and the server gets started as q3 and hl user respectively. It's
13 > not too hard to do such things in your ebuild but it will make it easier to
14 > have a secure gentoo install without too much hassle.