From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Default DOCS for einstalldocs and HACKING file
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 06:40:39
1 On Tue, 7 Jun 2016 18:50:05 -0400
2 NP-Hardass <NP-Hardass@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > From what I've seen, HACKING is a fairly common doc in FOSS projects.
5 > It doesn't seem to have been included in the default DOCS for
6 > einstalldocs in EAPI6. While going through the MATE packages, I noticed
7 > that we have quite a few packages that include HACKING in DOCS, so I
8 > cannot delete the DOCS array and take advantage of the automagic doc
9 > detection feature of einstalldocs.
10 >
11 > Does anyone know why we omitted this file from the default DOCS? A
12 > quick grep of the main repo shows ~370 ebuilds with HACKING listed. Is
13 > this file no longer considered worthy of being included by default in
14 > our installed docs? If so, looking for advice on whether it is worth
15 > keeping or dropping that file from my packages?
16
17 File a Future EAPI bug asking to include it in EAPI 7. I don't see
18 a reason to omit it by default.
21 Best regards,
22 Michał Górny
23 <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>