From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: A few questions to our nominees
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 12:27:52
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > * What generation looks like.
3 > * How to select which ebuilds to trigger generation for.
4 > * When specifically to trigger generation.
5 > * Whether generation failure is possible, and what happens if it is.
6 > * What to do when generated information is required but not available.
7 > * The security implications of the previous point.
8 > * What the impact upon upstream servers is, if any.
9 > * How generation fits in with users doing system updates.
10 > * How generation fits in with the highly differing frequencies of
11 > upstream updates.
12 > * How generation can be made to fit in without changes to the version
13 > spec, whilst still 'making sense' and doing the right thing.
14 >
15 > The answers to all of the above are highly non-trivial.
16
17 Many of them applies as well to the alternative proposal, I wonder how
18 you could say we, council, had to vote the other proposal given such
19 (and other) issues were open.
20
21 lu
25 Luca Barbato