From: Burton Samograd <kruhft@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] new gentoo-sources kernels (r5+)
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 22:24:12
1 Hi,
2
3 Is it just me, or are the new gentoo-sources unusable? I just went
4 through hell trying to get one of them to boot with absolutely no
5 sucess. I kept getting "Cannot find init errors" to "* respawning too
6 quickly" to whatever you could think of. I've never had this many
7 problems with installing a kernel in my life, and I'm wondering if I'm
8 doing something dreadfully wrong or if these new sources are just
9 really unstable with all the patches installed.
10
11 Just to let you know, i'm not experiencing newbie mistakes as i've
12 been using linux for over 8 years and never had a kernel not boot
13 unless it was something stupid on my part. I did everything in my
14 experience to get these darn things working and well...they just don't
15 for me. Anybody else having problems like this?
16
17 Oh, and the linux-beta sources also won't boot either, but those are
18 beta and i don't expect anything from them :)
19
20 burton