From: Dan Meltzer <parallelgrapefruit@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] amd64 help
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 21:37:49
1 Isn't this kind of against what glep40 set out to do?
2
3 On 1/28/07, Christian Faulhammer <opfer@g.o> wrote:
4 > Hi,
5 >
6 > As we all notice from time to time, amd64 team is lacking behind a bit,
7 > due to various reasons. a) manpower, b) a lot of keywording.
8 > Java team asked arch teams if they object when Java team marks stable
9 > generation-2 ebuilds on their own, due to the long time it takes and to
10 > the amount of ebuilds to be stabilised.
11 > So, maybe we can discuss here another helping hand for amd64. Devs
12 > that work with a given software (not necessarily the maintainer) on
13 > amd64 architecture and when there is a keywording bug open, then said
14 > devs can keyword the ebuild. For a short period of time this could be
15 > allowed to all devs.
16 > Any objections?
17 >
18 > V-Li