From: Jason Wever <weeve@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Non-x86 arches: Is distcc-2.8-r2 stable?
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:56:28
1 On 11 Aug 2003 13:19:28 -0400
2 Lisa Marie Seelye <lisa@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Well since I haven't heard anything from the non-x86 people I'm going to
5 > bump 2.8-r2 to stable on those arches and 2.9 to x86 (I'll post a formal
6 > announcement after I get 2.10 in).
7
8 (Note: this is in general as well as specifically to this instance).
9
10 PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS DEFAULT BEHAVIOR.
11
12 Right now most non-x86 arches have a small number of devs and a small
13 amount of time in which to test.
14
15 I would like to request (was going to GLEP it when time permits) that if
16 you want to test something for an arch you can't test, please make a bug
17 for it. This way it's sure to get visibility and you actually know that
18 an arch person tested it. Mailing lists are a poor way to ask for testing
19 and the testing requests are easily lost in the myraids of email that a
20 dev has to read when they get home from work/school/whatever each day.
21
22 Thanks,
23 --
24 Jason Wever