From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:34:45
1 On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 03:58 +0000, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 01:17:06PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni
3 > wrote:
4 > > Gentoo is not a distribution of Linux. Gentoo is not anything more than
5 > > a loosely bound group of developers all doing their own thing in a
6 > > collaborative and collective manner. You cannot use corporate thinking
7 > > to manage such a beast. We don't have mission statements. We don't have
8 > > road maps. We don't have quarterly earnings and market projections. We
9 > > simply exist.
10 >
11 > Which is why Gentoo has jumped the shark and is now on a long, slow
12 > decline.
13
14 Strange, most indicators that I've seen are showing that we're still
15 gaining users and developers hand over fist.
18 > > Do you want to be a part of a project that doesn't allow you to
19 > > implement some cool new feature because it might make Gentoo slightly
20 > > harder to use for some people and that's against the mission statement
21 > > so not allowed?
22 >
23 > Yes, absolutely.
24
25 No offense, but I have a feeling that you're in the wrong place, then.
28 Chris Gianelloni
29 Release Engineering - Strategic Lead
30 x86 Architecture Team
31 Games - Developer