From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 03:53:36
1 On Tue, Jan 03, 2006 at 01:17:06PM -0500 or thereabouts, Chris Gianelloni
2 wrote:
3 > Gentoo is not a distribution of Linux. Gentoo is not anything more than
4 > a loosely bound group of developers all doing their own thing in a
5 > collaborative and collective manner. You cannot use corporate thinking
6 > to manage such a beast. We don't have mission statements. We don't have
7 > road maps. We don't have quarterly earnings and market projections. We
8 > simply exist.
9
10 Which is why Gentoo has jumped the shark and is now on a long, slow
11 decline.
12
13 > Do you want to be a part of a project that doesn't allow you to
14 > implement some cool new feature because it might make Gentoo slightly
15 > harder to use for some people and that's against the mission statement
16 > so not allowed?
17
18 Yes, absolutely.
19