From: Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: gwn-feedback@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New PKGDIR=$PORTDIR/packages/$CHOST
Date: Sun, 01 Aug 2004 10:31:41
1 On Sat, 2004-07-31 at 13:33, Ned Ludd wrote:
2 > Would anybody object to making the default PKGDIR be
3 > $PORTDIR/packages/$CHOST ?
4 >
5 > CCHOST would even be ideal, but this variable is never set to CHOST in
6 > the global scope if not cross compiling.
7 >
8 > The idea here is that we would keep packages of diff CHOST's from
9 > overwriting each other when the same CPU is used to stage for more than
10 > one CHOST while using mount --bind /usr/portage $CHROOTDIR/usr/portage
11 > (x86-64 building x86-32 packages for example)
14 Great... no objections! Next step is to having somebody make an
15 announcement in the GWN so that those of you using a $BINHOST that
16 missed this thread will expect this change coming as it's a profile
17 change.
18
19 After this we can start planing for our package binary format(s) 2.0 ;-]
20
21 Don't you just love it!
24 Ned Ludd <solar@g.o>
25 Gentoo (hardened,security,infrastructure,embedded,toolchain) Developer