From: Doug Goldstein <cardoe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [ANN] Multiple version suffixes illegal in gentoo-x86
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 20:45:54
1 Bryan Østergaard wrote:
2 > On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 04:00:42PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
3 >
4 >> Bryan Østergaard wrote:
5 >>
6 >>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 03:49:44PM -0400, Doug Goldstein wrote:
7 >>>
8 >>>
9 >> Bryan,
10 >>
11 >> You and Danny have clearly shown your bias towards paludis take over and
12 >> support of Gentoo. It's fairly poor taste to FORCE this through during a
13 >> non-regular meeting for something that paludis is lacking.
14 >>
15 >> It's AMAZING how fast you guys are to clamor and fix what you call a QA
16 >> issue and other problems when we've had issues highlighted for years
17 >> that the council can't move on. But once it's a possible issue with
18 >> paludis you guys are quick to respond.
21 > Please stop the conspiracy theories. This has nothing to do with paludis
22 > and everything to do with what we consider sane in the tree - no matter
23 > which package manager you use. And as stated otherwise paludis already
24 > supports multiple suffixes even if it's not in a released version yet so
25 > it's not an issue for paludis either.
26 >
27 > Regards,
28 > Bryan Østergaard
29 >
30 It's not a sane tree. There have been very specific uses cases that have
31 been discussed on ML and in #-dev that have highlighted the possible
32 need for this.
33
34 Like I said before, if you're concerned about tree QA.. There's bigger
35 and worse things out there that have been in the wild for much longer. I
36 expect the council to now start taking FAST action on those issues.
37 --
38 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list