From: Alexandre Rostovtsev <tetromino@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: openrc@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: status of OpenRC's public API
Date: Sat, 14 Sep 2013 01:04:01
1 On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 19:16 -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > OpenRC currently has a public api, consisting of librc and libeinfo
5 > (rc.h and einfo.h are the headers); however, I do not know of any
6 > released software that uses these, so, if there is nothing, I am
7 > considering making this code private to OpenRC and getting rid of the
8 > API.
9 >
10 > I will reconsider if someone tells me there is actual software out
11 > there which links to these libraries besides OpenRC, but if there isn't,
12 > I am inclined to make all of that code private.
13 >
14 > So, if you know of something that uses these libraries, speak up; I know
15 > of nothing myself.
16 >
17 > Thanks,
18 >
19 > William
20
21 app-admin/openrc-settingsd uses various functions (rc_sys(),
22 rc_runlevel_get(), rc_service_exists(), rc_service_in_runlevel(),
23 rc_service_resolve(), rc_service_mark() etc.) from rc.h