From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $Header:$ and ebuilds
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 13:15:27
1 On Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:40:42 +0200
2 Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Then for b) I like to suggest to ask the portage team to simply skip the
5 > $Header: $ part(s) when calculating the digests, and shove that change
6 > in at the same time manifest1 is obsoleted and migrated into the tree
7 > (removal of digest-* files).
8
9 You realize what a mess that would cause?
10 1) it makes checksums much harder to verify manually
11 2) different portage versions/other package managers would generate different checksums, which results in bogus verification errors
12 So from my POV that's definitely not an option.
13
14 Marius
15 --
16 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list