From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] $Header:$ and ebuilds
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 10:43:28
1 So to sum up this thread:
2
3 It seems that:
4 a) we are moving to GIT which doesn't cope with $Header: $ stuff
5 b) we want to avoid the "double commit" caused by $Header: $
6
7 For a) I would prefer then to remove the $Header: $ stuff until GIT is
8 really about to be used. In a GIT world things will change completely
9 anyway (if it works at all).
10 Then for b) I like to suggest to ask the portage team to simply skip the
11 $Header: $ part(s) when calculating the digests, and shove that change
12 in at the same time manifest1 is obsoleted and migrated into the tree
13 (removal of digest-* files).