From: Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Council constituent meeting 30 July 2013 at 19:00 UTC
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 19:37:52
1 On 2013.07.23 01:57, Rick "Zero_Chaos" Farina wrote:
2 [snip]
3
4 > I think the real difference [between the foundation and council] is
5 > that most of the devs don't care what the
6 > foundation does as long as it keeps the lights on around here. Most
7 > of us, on the other hand, seem to care greatly about the
8 > development
9 > process and key decisions around that. If the trustees need to take
10 > emergency action to keep the lights on I trust them to do the right
11 > thing. If the council has to take emergency action to allow systemd
12 > units to be added without maintainer approval.... well, you see how
13 > stupid that sounds?
14 >
15 > -Zero
16 >
17 [snip]
18
19 Rick,
20
21 The council should not be denied the ability to reach decisions
22 between meetings for the few times it will actually be needed.
25 Regards,
26
27 Roy Bamford
28 (Neddyseagoon) a member of