From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFD: new global USE flag gtk3
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2014 00:50:15
1 On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 17:59:48 +0100
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > Tom Wijsman wrote:
5 > > I'd say that if around 7 people vote on the matter that that is
6 > > based on a necessary amount of understanding.
7 >
8 > That is just incredibly naïve.
9 >
10 > In another project five people reviewed an experimental change
11 > written by me that someone else proposed for inclusion into the
12 > project without my knowledge or consent.
13 >
14 > Not a single person thought to communicate with me about the change
15 > and not a single person realized that there were enormous fundamental
16 > problems with the change. (Why *I* hadn't proposed it for inclusion.)
17 >
18 > In history lessons you may have learned about majorities of
19 > populations supporting something the same individuals consider a
20 > pretty darn bad idea in hindsight, but which they were unable to
21 > decide on correctly at the time.
22 >
23 > You need to learn to respect what you don't know that you don't know.
24
25 Or you apply knowledge codification and mark it as experimental.
28 With kind regards,
29
30 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
31 Gentoo Developer
32
33 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
34 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
35 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D