From: Christian Parpart <trapni@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Moving the updated apache and associated ebuilds back into package.mask
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:25:28
1 On Wednesday 20 April 2005 10:59 am, Paul de Vrieze wrote:
2 > On Wednesday 20 April 2005 09:36, Christian Parpart wrote:
3 > > And yeah, I disagree to a move-back, too!! I'm most likely not to
4 > > support this in any kind, instead, I'd be willing in pushing p.mask'ed
5 > > apache httpd 2.1 into the tree, so, that I don't have to live with the
6 > > old shitty behavior again.
7 > >
8 > > Seriousely, why did we put all our power into those improvements when
9 > > we're now about to revert mostly everything?
10 >
11 > I believe that most issues are with the new configuration setup. What
12 > about checking for the old configuration format and in that case
13 > providing the old configuration setup. If there is no old format (or
14 > allready a working new format config file) use the new config system.
15
16 I might be wrong, but... I do not think that this will be easily possible,
17 because all modules would have to deel with this, too.
20 Besides all this, suppose the case that we've an apache httpd 2.1-line would
21 in the trees, someone emerged it (though, don't have 2.0.x installed), is
22 there be a way to get subversion with +apache2 useflag installed? apache-2.1
23 needs latest apr/apr-util's, I just hope that this wouldn't crash in any way.
24
25 Cya,
26 Christian Parpart.
29 Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
30 17:23:03 up 28 days, 6:29, 0 users, load average: 0.26, 0.31, 0.34