From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2012 18:38:30
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:23:23 +0200
2 Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
3 > I can't agree unless I am missing something. Doesn't the majority of
4 > ebuilds actually require most of DEPEND (well, the part common with
5 > RDEPEND) to be installed on the target? I'm thinking of the shared
6 > libraries mostly.
7
8 "The part common with RDEPEND" is a different issue. We're talking
9 about what the usual thing to do is for dependencies that are in
10 DEPEND but not RDEPEND. A typical example here is a binary that is
11 executed as part of the build process.
14 Ciaran McCreesh